Fast Food: Skeleton Slide for Hunger
Whistler Sliding Centre
This event has already passed by. Sorry.
ONLINE Registration is now closed.
CASH ONLY: $56 (no debit, credit or paypal available).
The Whistler Sliding Centre understands the importance of fuelling our bodies for optimal performance. In an effort to ensure that everyone in our community has access to the food they need to pursue an active lifestyle, the Whistler Sliding Centre will be donating all funds from skeleton slides on December 10th to local sea-to-sky community food banks.
Come experience the thrill of skeleton and help fuel our community.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! IN ORDER TO SLIDE YOU:
- Are between 16-75 years old.
- Have a signed letter of consent from parent if under 19 year old.
- Weigh between 90 - 220 lbs in full winter clothing (you will be weighed at check-in).
- Stand between 4’6” - 6’6” tall.
- Have the physical strength to walk a steep grade to the starting of the run and lift yourself over the 3 ft high track wall.
- Have the physical dexterity to be able to strongly grip the sides of the skeleton sled.
- Do NOT suffer from any heart conditions or have any previous neck or back injuries.
- Are NOT pregnant and do NOT have a heart condition.
- Will expect to reach speeds of 90-100 km/hr.
*Please note that the potential risks associated with this activity may include motion sickness, nose bleeds, bumps,bruises, ice rashes, neck and back injury and sprains/broken bones.
Check out KNOW BEFORE YOU GO & FAQ at www.whistlerslidingcentre.com
- Advance purchase is required. No refunds. This is a donation to the food bank.
- There will be a standby waitlist for any event day no-shows or those who show up late for their session.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the session so we can ensure you are checked in properly. For safety reasons, any participant arriving after the orientation session begins will not be permitted to slide and no refund will be given.
- Please meet at the Guest Services building, located on the immediate right when you enter the venue.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Take the time to carefully read all the “Know Before you Go” information, this will fully prepare you for your sliding session.
- Transportation is available through WAVE (staff housing) or the Blackcomb Gondola (Lot 8). Then follow the signs to the Whistler Sliding Centre.
- If driving, please park at the Whistler Sliding Centre in the lower parking area, below the Guest Service Building.
- Spectators are welcome and asked to bring a small donation for the Food Bank!
Questions regarding your slide?
Contact the WSC Guest Services at 604-964-0040 or email email@example.com